Video is one of the best ways to connect with your audience. It’s an easy way to share your message and get people interested in what you have to say.
But before you upload your video, you’ll want to make sure you have a great title and description. These are two of the most important parts of your video. They’re the first things people will see when they search for your video on YouTube or other platforms. If they don’t understand what your video is about, they might not even bother to watch it. But if they do watch it, you want them to stick around for the rest of the video, right?
So how do you write a kick-ass title? And what should you include in your description? In this post, I’m going to walk you through how to write a title and a description that will make people want to watch your video!
## What is a Title and a Description?
A title is the name you give to a video. Think of it like a headline for a blog post or a title for an article on a website. It should be short and to the point. You want to be able to sum up your video in just a few words.
A description is the text that appears below your video when people search for it on YouTube. It can be longer than your title, but it should also be clear and concise. This is where you can tell people a little more about your video and what they can expect to see if they click on your link.
You can also use the description to promote your other videos. For example, if you have other videos on the same subject, you can link to them in the description. This will help your video get more views.
## Step 1: Write a Title
The first thing you should think about when writing your title is what you want your audience to get out of it. What do you want people to take away from your video?
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you come up with the perfect title:
– Who is your target audience?
– What are they interested in? What do they care about? What problems do they have? What can you help them with?
– How can you make your video stand out from the crowd?
– Who are your competitors? What are they doing that you can do better?
– Are there any keywords you can use in your title that will help people find your video more easily?
– Is there anything else you can add to your title to make it stand out even more?
Once you have an idea of who your audience is, what they want, and what problems you can solve for them, it will be much easier to figure out what to write for your title.
## Step 2: Write the Description
The next thing you need to do is write a description. Your description should be a few sentences long, and it should give people a good idea of what the video is all about. You can use the same questions you asked yourself when you wrote the title to guide you in writing your description. Here are some things to keep in mind when writing the description:
– Make sure your description is short and sweet. You only have a few seconds to make a good first impression, so you don’t want to waste any of that time writing a long description.
– Make your description as specific as possible. If you can be more specific about what you’re talking about, you’ll be more likely to get people to click on the link to watch the video.
– Include links to other related videos. If people are interested in your topic, they’re probably interested in learning more about it. Linking to related videos is a great way to encourage them to watch more of your content.
– Don’t forget to include keywords! If you use the right keywords, your video will show up more often in search results and you’ll get more traffic to your channel.
Now that you’ve written your title and your description, it’s time to test them out!
## Step 3: Test Your Titles and Descriptions
The best way to test out your titles and description is to upload them to YouTube and see what happens. Here’s how:
1. Go to YouTube.com
2. Search for a keyword related to your topic.
3. Click on the first video that comes up in the search results.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “More”.
5. On the next page, you should see a box at the top that says “Create a new video.” Click on that.
6. You should now be on a page that looks like this:
7. In the “Title” box, write the title you want.
8. Under “Description”, write a short description of what you think the video will be about.
9. Click “Upload” and wait for the video to upload.
10. Once the video has finished uploading, click “Watch” to see how it looks.
11. If it doesn’t look good, go back and make changes.
12. Once you’re happy with the title and the description, upload the video again.
13. Repeat the process until you get it right.
That’s it! You’re done!
Now you’ve got a great title and description for your video, and you’ve tested them out to make sure they work. You’re ready to upload your video to YouTube, so let’s get started!
Step 4: Upload Your Video
The last step before you can start promoting your video is to actually upload it to YouTube!
To upload a video, you’ll need to be signed in to your YouTube account. To do this, go to youtube.com and log in using your email address and password.
After you’re logged in, you’re going to want to go back to the video you just finished uploading.
Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the video and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
Scroll down to “Advanced Settings” on the left-hand side of the screen.
Under “Additional Features” click on “Embed Code”.
Copy the code that appears on the screen and paste it into a new post on your blog, website, or social media site.
Your video is now ready to be shared!
That’s it! Now you have a great video that you know is going to get a lot of views.